Saturday, April 5, 2008

Baseball

I don't know if you all remember one of those little questionnaires that was recently sent out to all of us. You know--the one that asked what we like, etc. Anyway, one of the questions asked was what is your least favorite season. For those of you who don't remember, I answered baseball season. I can't stand the game--probably because I suck at it--and have been so happy that my kids have not wanted to play. Well, this week my worst nightmare came true. Kenny, my own flesh and blood, came up to me and said that he wanted to sign up for baseball. Tears streamed down my cheek as I got online and registered him. I kept asking him if he wanted to do anything else--cheerleading, gymnastics, ANYTHING--but it was baseball.
As much as I don't like the game, I think we will actually have a lot of fun. He really is excited about it. We took off to Sports Authority today and looked at some gloves and we even had a little batting practice session. We don't find out about registration until Tuesday, so I'll try to post a schedule for everyone then. As is always the case, anyone who wants to come and watch is invited.

No comments: